[hobbit] Can't get DOWNTIME= to work

Dugan, Darin D [EIT] dddugan at iastate.edu
Tue Mar 23 14:24:30 CET 2010

If you want to use a column or a cause you must use both. Three or five parameters is deterministic, but presently the code doesn't try to figure out which you're supplying (column or cause) if you provide only four parameters. The old documentation was wrong.

So just use * for column if you want to provide a cause, or provide some kind of cause if you want to provide a column. I think it's good practice to always provide a cause...

I submitted a patch to clarify the documentation a while back that I believe was committed, but there hasn't been a release since then.

Cheers.