[hobbit] PDF Reports (SOLVED, with slight bug...)

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 14:35:43 CET 2010

Thomas;

> first, I'm really happy that you got your
 graphs :) If I remember well,
> I've done this modification to
remove the alpha-transparency layer which
> prevented graphs to
show within reports !!! I will do a rollback and
> remove this
part of the code. I will try to release a new version as
> soon as
 I can but I want to add additional pie charts on the second page

 before.

Wow!  I look forward to that! Same for the checkbox feature.

> Then for your case problem, that's normal. When you enter the name
of a
> server into the field "Hostname" a conversion to lower-case
 is done. I
> made this decision to avoid errors when you type
server names. You can
> change this behaviour by editing the file

 $PDFHOME/include/config.inc.php. Go to line 73 and comment : $srvname =

 strtolower(trim($nmsrv)) ; . Next, modify the line just before this one

 to replace the variable name : $nmsrv = $_POST['nom'] ; will become

 $srvname = $_POST['nom'] ;

Your changes worked, thank you very much.

> Please tell me if this is working for you and I will add a
checkbox or
> configuration item somewhere :)

My vote would be in the configuration, since a site would either need it, or not, thus eliminating an additional checkbox to be selected. One checkbox that I can imagine being quite useful is the choice of either line graph, or pie chart.

> It's a long time since I haven't worked on the reports. It's good
to see
> that people are using them :) Thus, please feel free to
give me some
> feedbacks or new ideas.

Well, since you're asking ;-)

Some questions:

1.  What is the purpose for the first pie-chart titled "24x7 Availability" with the word "Tests" in an outlined box?

2.  The only graphs I am displaying are "Daily graph for CPU load" and "Daily graph for memory utilization", "Daily graph for network traffic" and "Daily graph for CPU utilization" both show up as "No graph".  Do they require some additional work; I've not gone so far as to read about custom graphs given my prior issues.

This is an awesome addition to Xymon, one that gives it a more professional look and feel, thank you.

.vadim