Graphs not working on individual views, but working on trends view

Mark Stoltzfus mark.stoltzfus at pmigroup.com
Wed Mar 10 20:31:31 CET 2010

Hi, we just did a forklift upgrade from our old Hobbit servers to two
brand new boxes running Xymon 4.2.3, and for the most part, it's been a
seemless transition.  We noticed some strange behavior, though, with the
graphs.  The graphs under disk, cpu, and memory don't show up, but under
trends, they show up just fine.  I took a look at the different
shortcuts, and they look very similar to me, with the differences
highlighted in red:

Link copied from "disk" section:
https://monitor.us.corp.pmigroup.com/xymon-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=wal-d
dbs-01.us.corp.pmigroup.com&service=disk&graph_width=576&graph_heigh
t=120&first=1&count=3&disp=wal%2dddbs%2d01%2eus%2ecorp%2epmigroup%2ecom&
graph=hourly&action=selzoom

Link copied from "trends" section:
https://monitor.us.corp.pmigroup.com/xymon-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=wal-d
dbs-01.us.corp.pmigroup.com&service=disk&graph_width=576&graph_heigh
t=120&first=1&count=3&disp=wal%2dddbs%2d01%2eus%2ecorp%2epmigroup%2ecom&
nostale&color=green&graph=hourly&action=selzoom

Any ideas as to what's going on?  I did find some old posts from Henrik
about troubleshooting graph generation, but the case he was dealing with
there was where the graphs wouldn't generate at all.  In this case, the
rrds are all there and the graphs are being generated, just not in all
views.

Thoughts?

Mark