[hobbit] Hostname Lengths

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 18:05:17 CET 2010

If you mean from the Client side:

I would assume /etc/defaults/hobbit-client is in order?

If so, there's a hack I use on occasion that will help keep everything "ok".

In the /home/xymon/client/runclient.sh file, there is a variable set early
on in the script:

MACHINEDOTS="`uname -n`"

If you absolutely have to, you can comment that guy out and replace it with:

MACHINEDOTS="fully.qualified.domain"

to get whatever your hostname should be.

If you are referring to server side *after* the message is received at the
server, then I am less knowledgeable in that part.  Maybe one of our friends
here could help out?

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.