[hobbit] PDF Reports

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:00:17 CET 2010

Hi Chris;

perhaps you can elaborate?  I get PDF reports partially working, here are some issues that I've encountered:

1.  I can pull up a report, but the report contains only the page structure.

2.  Often, subsequent attempts after my initial report often fail, almost as if I am only able to create but one. (again, just a page structure).

3.  Attempts to run master.sh seem to hang forever (I have less than 50 hosts), here is what I am seeing after running for more than two hours:

[scripts]# sh -x ./master.sh
+ source config
++ HOBBITBIN=/xymon/server
++ HOBBITREP=/xymon/server/www/pdf
++ RRDREP=/xymon/rrd
++ RRDGRAPHS=/xymon/server/www/pdf/graphrrd
++ RRDNEW=N
++ RRDBIN=/usr/bin/rrdtool
+ sh /xymon/linux/www/pdf/scripts/rrdcputil.sh
+ sh /xymon/linux/www/pdf/scripts/rrdload.sh
+ sh /xymon/linux/www/pdf/scripts/rrdmemory.sh
+ sh /xymon/linux/www/pdf/scripts/rrdnetio.sh
+ sh /xymon/linux/www/pdf/scripts/rrdwio.sh
+ sh /xymon/linux/www/pdf/scripts/rrdrq.sh
+ sh /xymon/linux/www/pdf/scripts/gencsv.sh

4.  When I select report.php, I am unable to see graphs for anything except for 24x7 Availability with the word "Tests" in a box and a large all green pie-chart, the chart says "Week 9 availability: %".

5.  When I select analysis report I can see what I've entered for conclusion, but graphs for nothing else.

6.  My main view page, bb.html, goes to a green/broken image one, then after a minute gets fixed, but goes back and forth to the broken (images seem to be broken) green background bb.html page.

NOTE:  I am using RRDtool 1.4.2, and I've entered No for RRDNEW, but the same happens if I use Yes.

Any help in debugging this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

.vadim