[hobbit] Is anyone maintaining xymon anymore?

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 23:53:45 CET 2010

Yes, hopefully that's simply what it is.

It is public knowledge that Henrik had some health issues a couple of
years ago.  He posted to that effect here (details will be in the
archive).  He fully intended to get back to work on Hobbit after
recuperating.  He did to a certain extent, but there were apparently
work pressures as well.

I wrote to him last summer after a long absence asking how he was
doing.  He indicated that he was well, but caring for an ill family
member.  It was after that where we saw a small burst of activity on the
list.

I wrote and maintain the System z clients for Xymon.  I recently updated
the client for the z/OS operating system and sent some new code to
Henrik's colleague at CSC Copenhagen.  Not that I was expecting
accolades or thanks or anything, but I received absolutely no response
at all.  I thought that was somewhat odd.  The mail didn't bounce back,
so I suspect that it was received.

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2010 - Apr 9-13, 2010 Covington, KY