WARNING: Runtime longer than time limit / DNS Timeout

John xymon.user.ml at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:37:45 CET 2010

No ideas anyone? I have a couple hosts offline for various reasons and
my bbtest runtime is over 700 at the moment. I haven't had any luck
figuring this out.

Another piece of info, if I click on the 'dns' status column for one
of these hosts it shows the following:
clear  Fri Mar 5 08:17:54 2010 dns ok : Ping failed, or dialup host/service

Service dns on <HOSTNAME1> is OK
Dialup host/service, or test depends on another failed test
Host appears to be down

Timeout

Seconds: 225.004

This just can't be normal behavior.