[hobbit] Any idea on a 4.3.0 third beta (or rc?) timeframe?

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Jun 29 18:00:23 CEST 2010

On 06/28/2010 04:28 AM, Buchan Milne wrote:

> There is a developers list for the hobbitmon project on SF. A number of people
> are subscribed, including people with commit access.
>
> However, there is currently only one project admin for the SF project, Henrik
> (which means no more committers can be added at present, and some features
> that may assist in collaboration can't be enabled).

Is Henrik still interested in being the single admin, or should he be
contacted and asked if another person can be added in that role?  I
recall postings where he described health issues and also a desire to
stop working so much on xymon, and I don't fault him for wanting to take
a break.  However, it would be nice to know if he plans to work on the
project again, or if he's done with it and wants to move onto other
things.  I've been around open source long enough to know how the
process works and I respect the developers who put time in on their
projects.  Sure xymon works fine now, but if something changes in a
distro one or more of us are using and it breaks xymon, we'll all have
to make a choice on how to move forward.  It would be best for the
community as a whole if we had an idea of where things stood and where
they might go.

> Anyway, I think we should move this discussion to the developer list, and
> discuss a way forward there.

I joined that list so that I can follow the discussion, but I do think
this topic is of interest to members of this list, too.

Tom