[hobbit] Active Directory Check?

Storer, Raymond storerr at nibco.com
Mon Jun 28 23:46:43 CEST 2010

VP, there are, as mentioned by Buchan, many services and such to monitor in an Active Directory environment. I do not know what all the Xymon built-in DNS check does, but if you need more I'd check out DNSLINT. You can run it with a command line of "DNSLINT.EXE /ql autocreate" on a Windows 2003 server and it will generate a text file showing you an example of the kind of queries you can perform with it. You can also run it with "/ad" and it will perform tests specific to an Active Directory DNS server.

Ray