[hobbit] Performance Counters On Windows.

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Wed Jun 23 08:29:21 CEST 2010

Lucky You.

I have 6 Linux server(which never gives problems) and 66 Windows servers
(which is well.... maintenance intensive).No offence to anyone out there
but what I am finding is that .Net made programming so simple that most
of the code created by the developers (here at my office at least) is a
bloody pain to maintain.I have about 10 TerraBytes worth of data on
MSSQL 2005 and I use performance counters to profile what is going on
where to help me make sure these server are performing as required.

Personally I program in C++/Java using netbeans,glassfish, anjuta etc
but it  seems here in South Africa there is no work in that arena for
me.

I suspect it is different in the other parts  of the world.

Regards
Neil