[hobbit] Alerting when "dialup" host from clear to green

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Sun Jun 20 12:38:04 CEST 2010

On Sun, June 20, 2010 04:55, Josh Luthman wrote:
> I have this host:
>
> 172.16.10.49	foo.bar.com # testip dialup
>
> Which is only used when a device fails to find a DHCP server.  Is
> there any way to be alerted when this goes from clear to green?  COLOR
> does not accept green and RECOVERED it seems is only from red to green
> (we all know about the yellow to green "bug").

You're up at 5am Sunday thinking about this?  Eek.

Don't see how to do it directly, but what about:
172.17.16.15 nodhcp.foo.bar.com # testip depends=(conn:foo.bar.com)

That should go red whenever foo.bar.com goes green.  Assuming you don't
actually have a pingable host on 172.17.16.15, which is rather obscure
RFC1918 space.