[hobbit] temperature test and graphing

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Jun 16 13:19:43 CEST 2010

>From reading the documentation, it appears as if so long as you get the temperature script from Deadcat (which I've got), and call the test "temperature," graphing happens automagically. All I want to do is change the name of the test but still have this happen. I tried just changing the name in the file that is in server/etc (I forget which right now, but the two places it appears in the file are the GRAPH and TEST2RRD variables). Presently, though, there is not even an RRD file that results from having the "temp" test running. Maybe just adding --extra-tests="temp" might do it on the hobbit_rrd line? Custom graphing is another story, and I am also trying to get that working for the env test of an APC UPS but for the Deadcat script, it's supposed to be built in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Jun 16, 2010 4:06, Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 June 2010 20:49:50 Ryan Novosielski wrote:

> Hi all,

> I've not used the name "temperature" for this test because it is

> obnoxiously long, instead substituting "temp" for the test name. I've

> since found that Xymon will automatically graph my temperature tests if

> I use the name "temperature" instead of temp. But, I still have no

> desire to do that. Would changing it to "temp" require me to edit the

> source code and recompile, or is this in config files? I can't find

> anything on the web that necessarily addresses this.

How are you collecting this info?

devmon has quite a few templates that have a 'temp' test, and the example

entries for hobbitgraph.cfg shipped with it should work for all the devices

for which temp tests are provided (many cisco routers/switches, HP servers,

Dell servers, APC UPSs).

Regards,

Buchan