[hobbit] temperature test and graphing

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Jun 16 10:03:20 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, 15 June 2010 20:49:50 Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've not used the name "temperature" for this test because it is
> obnoxiously long, instead substituting "temp" for the test name. I've
> since found that Xymon will automatically graph my temperature tests if
> I use the name "temperature" instead of temp. But, I still have no
> desire to do that. Would changing it to "temp" require me to edit the
> source code and recompile, or is this in config files? I can't find
> anything on the web that necessarily addresses this.

How are you collecting this info?

devmon has quite a few templates that have a 'temp' test, and the example
entries for hobbitgraph.cfg shipped with it should work for all the devices
for which temp tests are provided (many cisco routers/switches, HP servers,
Dell servers, APC UPSs).

Regards,
Buchan