[hobbit] NFS mounts in disk section

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Mon Jun 14 17:34:21 CEST 2010

On Mon, June 14, 2010 09:35, wiskbroom at hotmail.com wrote:

>> You need to edit hobbitclient-sunos.sh
>>
>> The following line:
>> FSTYPES=`/bin/df -n -l|awk '{print $3}'|egrep -v
>> "^proc|^fd|^mntfs|^ctfs|^devfs|^objfs|^nfs"|sort|uniq`
>>
>> Remove nfs
>

> df when using "-l" should never show NFS, this must be something else.

?? I don't see anything in the OP indicating that the issue is with Solaris.

The disk check is one of the murkier, dirtier pieces of Xymon/Hobbit.
Although hobbitclient.cfg has variables for DF and DFCMD, it also has
(accurate) comments that they are not used anywhere.  You do have to hack
the OS specific client script to alter the df behavior.  For Solaris, you
need to edit the hobbitclient-sunos.sh line noted above and remove both
the "-l" and the superfluous "nfs".  For Linux, you need to edit
hobbitclient-linux.sh and change the "df -Pl" to "df -P", at least in the
version I'm running.