[hobbit] Anyone Using qpage (SMS Send Tool) With Xymon

Eric Meddaugh etmsys at rit.edu
Thu Jun 10 18:45:29 CEST 2010

We use qpage with hobbit alerting, however we use it more like this:

SERVICE=cpu,disk COLOR=red,yellow RECOVERED REPEAT=1440 DURATION>90s
	SCRIPT /usr/local/bin/sendsms UserName

You can add a FORMAT=SMS to the SCRIPT line above if you'd like, we do not use the FORMAT=SMS.  We have the script read in the variables and make the text message from there to send out, these are the variables passwd into the SCRIPT, it can use the RCPT as the "UserName" to txt:

#BBCOLORLEVEL   The current color of the status
#BBALPHAMSG     The full text of the status log triggering the alert
#ACKCODE        The "cookie" that can be used to acknowledge the alert
#RCPT           The recipient, from the SCRIPT entry
#BBHOSTNAME     The name of the host that the alert is about
#MACHIP         The IP-address of the host that has a problem
#BBSVCNAME      The name of the service that the alert is about
#BBSVCNUM       The numeric code for the service. From SVCCODES definition.
#BBHOSTSVC      HOSTNAME.SERVICE that the alert is about.
#BBHOSTSVCCOMMAS        As BBHOSTSVC, but dots in the hostname replaced with commas
#BBNUMERIC      A 22-digit number made by BBSVCNUM, MACHIP and ACKCODE.
#RECOVERED      Is "1" if the service has recovered.
#EVENTSTART     Timestamp when the current status (color) began.
#DOWNSECS       Number of seconds the service has been down.
#DOWNSECSMSG    When recovered, holds the text "Event duration : N" where N is the DOWNSECS value.
#CFID           Line-number in the hobbit-alerts.cfg file that caused the script to be invoked. Can be useful when troubleshooting
alert configuration rules.