message never goes away.

McGraw, Robert P rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 9 23:36:01 CEST 2010

I think I have figure out my problem.

I am not sure of the format of the file logfetch.status but it looked like the following:

/var/adm/messages:0:0:0:0:0:0:0

I cleaned up some files and restarted the hobbit client on the host conon and now the file looks like

/var/adm/messages:23485:23485:23436:23436:23436:23436:23387

It looks like the numbers are the number of characters in the file every x minutes, but just a guess.

It seem to be working now so this can be closed.

Robert