FW: [hobbit] TS - Adding an ICON

W.J.M. Nelis nelis at nlr.nl
Tue Jun 8 14:53:34 CEST 2010

Hello Tom,

> Added the setting of the ICON to the code for the Juniper SSLVPN pair.
> To set the ICON:
> 	BB=/home/xymon/server/bin/bb
> 	BBDISP-127.0.0.1
> 	DEVICE=SSLVPN1 or SSLVPN2
> 	COLUNM="online"
> 	COLOR=green       for 'online'  server
>            =clear       for 'offline' server
> 	MSG="<the message to show when you click the icon>"
> 	$BB $BBDISP "status $DEVICE.$COLUMN $COLOR `date`
>
> 	${MSG}

Nice idea: set the status to "clear" if a node in a cluster is inactive.
In this way there is no need to remember the previous state in the
script, while a status change does not result in a warning or error
message being sent.

> FYI:  I found that the Primary server has all the information if you do
> an
> 	snmpbulkwalk -v2c -c public IP-of-server1 or 2 .1 >FILENAME
> The size of the file is very large for the online server compared to the
> offline server.
> I did the command above for both servers and then did a diff of the 2
> files.
> I then looked for the Virtual IP address using:  grep -I "<virtual-IP>"
> *

So the variable to be tested is  "ipAdEntAddr.<Virtual-IP>".

> If you find a better alternative, please let me know.

No alternative yet found; I am glad that there is an easily accessible
variable at all which contains this information.

Your idea's are now incorporated in my juniper (server-side) script,
which started out as a measurement of the number of web users.

Regards,
  Wim Nelis.