Fresh server install on RHEL5: source or yum repo?

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Jul 27 15:39:45 CEST 2010

I'm about to begin migrating a hobbit server on Centos5 to an RHEL5 server
running xymon.  Would like to hear any thoughts/advice on whether to do a
source install or a yum repo install. I'm a package management advocate,
so I lean toward the yum install, but package management depends on the
actual packages in the repo being managed on an ongoing basis.  I'd
especially like to hear from Buchan M. and Neil F., since Buchan advised
Neil about a year ago to do a yum installation.