[xymon] bb-win & client-local.cfg

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 18:59:07 CEST 2010

> I believe this is it.  Anyone know for sure?
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/xywinnet/

I do not see any files to download on this site...

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> Beginning to sound like BBWin might be in need of an upgrade or refit.

> Is the project still active?

> If so, who is the maintainer?

> If not, where do we go from here?

If you read the mail archives you'll see that this has been discussed quite recently. BBWin is pretty much dead but may be revivable. Xywin is a new C# based project.

We use BBWin in local mode because that seems to have fewer bugs. We maintain central configuration by periodically downloading the BBWin.cfg files from the server. I have a working dev environment for BBWin and have managed to fix a few bugs - I may have a try at getting it to interpret the event logs in 2008 et al correctly.

Personally I'd much rather the Xywin project successfully replaces it as C# is a much better language (than C++) to use as regards communicating with Windows subsystems.

Malcolm

--

Technical copy-editor & proofreader

KDE Proofreading Team

KDE British English Translation Team

http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=en_GB

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FriendlyAtheist

To unsubscribe from the xymon list, send an e-mail to