Hobbit-mailack

Geoff Hallford geoff.hallford at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 17:16:43 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a way to allow my custom email alerts to be used with
hobbit-mailack? Currently, the only way to get Xymon 4.3.0-0 beta 2 to
acknowledge an alert via email reply is for the subject line to start with
"Hobbit [$ACKCODE]". My alerts start off with either "ALERT:" or
"RECOVERED:" and not matter where I put the $ACKCODE, it only works if you
do it as "Hobbit [$ACKCODE]".

I think there should be something in the hobbitserver.cfg to allow people to
change this, as we are supposed to be able to customize our alerting and
this breaks mailack.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

P.S. I can't develop in C.