Upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0-0 beta 2

Geoff Hallford geoff.hallford at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 21:53:20 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am doing an upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0-0 beta 2 on a new server. I have
read in the forums, that you can do a brand new server installation (which I
have done) and then you just need to stop Xymon on both servers and copy
over the "data" directory and modify permissions accordingly to migrate.

Is there a way that I can test moving over the data and hosts, then clean up
all of the data before trying again? I have tried removing the data from
/home/xymon/data and from /home/xymon/server/tmp but each time it has
trouble saying it can't access the ACK folder in data or the checkpoint
file..... how does it know that it had the info previously, if i have
deleted all the data???

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks.

Geoff.