[xymon] bbtest yellow-mystery

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Jul 12 14:29:36 CEST 2010

On Monday, 12 July 2010 09:13:26 Carl Melgaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of our AD-servers went down for maintenance for 1 week, and I disabled
>  the conn+dns tests in Xymon for that period. Now the "bbtest" column
>  suddenly goes yellow, and indicates that DNS lookups takes 450+ seconds
>  now (indicating that the DNS-check for the maintenanced server is still
>  active).

No, it indicates that the Xymon server is taking a long time to resolve host
names to IP addresses. You may need to configure the DNS client settings on the
Xymon server (e.g. adjust the 'server' parameters in /etc/resolv.conf).

If you have most IP addresses hardcoded correctly in bb-hosts, you may want to
add the 'testip' flag to the relevant lines of bb-hosts.

Regards,
Buchan