[hobbit] Hobbit/Xymon client

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 21:38:56 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Cleaver, Japheth <jcleaver at soe.sony.com> wrote:
> [...]

What I know so far are
1. xymon client is compiled ok on OS X S.L.
2. use GUI packagemaker to create simple hobbit client.
     but this is not up the quality of my own standard.

What I want to see is like this
1. use makefile to compile xymon client
2. generate xymonclient.pkg after "make osxpkg"
3. xymonclient.pkg
   3.1 preinstall(pre-flight) script
          3.1.1. add xymon client user and group account.
   3.2 post install script
         3.2.1 make sure xymon client can start up automatically after reboot.
   3.2 not sure if OS X support postremove script.
       if yes, remove xymon client user and group account.

I can work with someone know Cocoa programming and can put
a GUI frontend to process string setting in hobbitclient.cfg etc.
But GUI part is pretty low on my priority list since I am Unix person :)

tj

--
T.J. Yang