[hobbit] User management for Xymon?!

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 03:05:02 CEST 2010

It can be done, but it's a bit of a hack, and requires running
additional instances of some of the Xymon daemons.
I have done it before in a previous contract, where we had separate
Wintel and Unix divisions, so it made sense to have 2 different
"non-green" views.

I also means you have to maintain or generate additional sets of
bb-hosts files, hobbitserver.cfg files and so forth.
It's tricky, but not difficult.
I was shown how to do it by a list member, so maybe they can repost
the original email - or I can see if I can dig it up.

Watch this space.

Regards
    Vernon