[hobbit] Re: [Hobbitmon-developer] Time to get working.

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Jul 6 16:11:32 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, 6 July 2010 14:24:00 TJ Yang wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net>
wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 6 July 2010 07:08:15 Neil Franken wrote:

> >> If you are not on the list you can still contribute by testing
> >> and giving feedback.
> >
> > But, that is a separate activity to development, and can already take
> > place as is. What we need to focus on at present is development aspects.
> > This should not pollute the "user" list.
>
> I think for the type of email that related project admin/leaders
> discussion, cc to user list is still needed.

No. Users subscribed to this list for asking and answering questions about
using Hobbit/Xymon. They should not be "spammed" with discussions on a
different topic, which is served by a different mailing list.

> Many volunteers(end users/customers of xymon) are not subscribed to
> developers list yet.

If they aren't by this stage, we should assume that they are not subscribed
because they aren't going to read the mails on this topic, and respect their
decision to not opt in.

If they did want to read the discussions, and they missed some, they can read
them in the archives:
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=hobbitmon-developer

This is my last post regarding any development activities on the user list. I
will reply separately on the development list.

Regards,
Buchan