Time to get working.

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Tue Jul 6 08:08:15 CEST 2010

Hi All

The list for
Volunteers(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Dev
eloper_Guide#Xymon_volunteers_Roles_and_Responsiblity) should be closed
for now. If you are not on the list you can still contribute by testing
and giving feedback. Right now we need to finalise the structure going
forward. I think TJ hit the nail on the head by suggesting that that we
should see the co-admin as project leaders. OK guys and gals the time
has come for us to put rubber on the road and the only way we will do
this is by getting organized.

I think it would be advisable to have 2-3 Team leads. Maybe we should
break up the teams into geographical area's i.e. The Americas,
Europe/Africa and Asia/Australia. This way the team leader can meet with
their teams(on IRC,Skype etc) during a convenient time in their time
zone. The team leaders can have a weekly meeting to report on progress
and so on. This way only the team leads will have to make some
arrangements around different time zones. Just to be clear I don't want
us to have meetings for hours on end with no outcome. However we need to
focus on getting the work done and unless we formalise this now I am
afraid we will just descend into chaos.

For now I will not contribute to any further discussions around ideas
till we have the strategy moving forward finalised. I hope I have the
support of you in getting this done.

Regards
Neil