[hobbit] Input needed from all of you.

wshart at hormel.com wshart at hormel.com
Mon Jul 5 16:28:00 CEST 2010

I haven't been following this thread real closely, however I want to throw
up a bit of a warning.

It's all fine and dandy to develop a wiz-bang page that looks great on your
15000x240000 screens, but remember day-to-day usage is not necessarily the
critical time when you will be using the product.  I see a lot of use from
people who don't normally leverage it during disaster times.  This is not a
good time to have to worry about the screen resolution.  Many times a 15"
CRT is all that is sitting around and what we are forced to use short term
because it's all we can find.  If the page is formatted for a monster
screen it's going to be very difficult to get a good picture of where we
actually stand.

It could just be the situations I've been in where this comes into play and
no one else ever has to worry about it, but I have seen it happen a number
of times, so my vote is to stick with the simple and fast rendering pages
that anything can view.  Or possibly offer up an option so both sets of
pages are still available.

Bill Hart