[hobbit] Any idea on a 4.3.0 third beta (or rc?) timeframe?

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Sat Jul 3 00:04:57 CEST 2010

On 06/30/2010 04:44 PM, Henrik Størner wrote:
> Tom has pretty much hit the nail on the head here.
> It's true that I have pretty much stopped working on Xymon development.
> I am not quite sure why, but for some time it has just seemed to be
> more of a tedious chore than something I would look forward to. I think
> the task of getting all the documentation lined up for 4.3.0 (that is the
> main outstanding issue for that release) just doesn't seem all that
> appealing...
>
> So I would really welcome someone who would be willing to take over the
> project management / admin tasks. Even if it were just as a co-admin,
> it would still be nice to have someone else with the enthusiasm that
> is necessary to push the project forward.
>
> For me, the ideal would be if I could focus on writing code instead of
> running the project.
>
> So if you have the ambition and energy of trying to run this project,
> please speak up. Choosing a (co-)admin for Xymon is an important
> decision, and one that definitely needs some community involvement.
> All of you must feel comfortable with the person/persons we choose
> for this task.
>

> Regards,
> Henrik

It's great to see Henrik responding to messages (greetings!).  I was
certainly hoping that he would pick up development at some point, but as
time went on it seemed more and more unlikely.  I had thought of
broaching this subject myself some time ago, but I got a new job and my
bandwidth is now pretty much all sucked up there.

For those in the group that may not know... I wrote the back-end code
for the System z operating systems (z/OS, z/VM and z/VSE).  So, if you
see that indicated in the source, it's my fault...  :)  I still owe TJ
wiki entries...  :(

There's not much I plan to add to the clients at this point (which I
also wrote), so as long as the client backend protocol doesn't change
"we're all good", as they say.

I'm glad to see this renewed activity.

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2011 - April 15-19, 2011 Colorado Springs, CO