[hobbit] Re: [Hobbitmon-developer] [hobbit] Project Volunteer List

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:24:02 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 July 2010, TJ Yang wrote:
>> Great to many volunteers come forward,  nice stone soup (R1) will be ready
>> soon.
>>
>> To make Xymon a successful opensource project, we need following areas
>> covered with volunteers.
> I have been reading the posts and I'm pleased with so many people willing to
> volunteer.
>
> I can test new releases and I'm thinking about writing a 'doing cool stuff with
> xymon' howto (combining graphs, running 2 xymon instances on the same server,
> creating extensions, creating custom graphs, debugging, ....)

I take this as a Yes. you name is on the list.

Please do so and use what ever opensource doc tool you like.
if you don't have one in mind see R1.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/HOWTO

> I have a lot of AIX boxes as xymon clients, so I can also help with the AIX
> part of xymon.

Great resources you have, I am hoping in the future you can donate
your AIX CPU time
to become a AIX build machine and run C.I. software to build/verify
xymon build src.

> If it's needed, I can help with a dutch translation.

Xymon i18n is way too far out in the roadmap(we don't really have roadmap yet).

tj

--
T.J. Yang