[hobbit] group-only|group-except on alternate pagesets

Torsten Richter bb4 at richter-it.net
Tue Jan 26 18:52:22 CET 2010

Hi Richard,

thanks for the answer. I did not realise that I could use the -except
and -only tags also for the alternate pageset definitions.
Now it works and everyone is happy.
So thank you very much for your help.

Cheers
Torsten

Richard Finegold wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 05:10, bb4 at richter-it.net <bb4 at richter-it.net> wrote:
>> Richard Finegold <goldfndr at gmail.com> hat am 22. Januar 2010 um 02:41
>> geschrieben:

>>> Works here, for both group-only and group-except, as of Xymon 4.2.3.
>>> Did you attempt it?
>> Yes I tried with 4.3.0-beta2 but I have the separation only on the normal
>> view and on the other view I have the servers twice with all the tests.
>> What did you enter in your bb-hosts to accomplish this??
>
> I'm using a pageset named "city" to do a view by site. My normal view
> is by host type. (Pages for routers, switches, file servers, SQL
> servers, license servers, etc.)
> So I have a line of citypage followed by sets of citysubpage/citytitle
> and multiple lines of citygroup for each citysubpage. And I changed a
> citygroup to a citygroup-only line and a citygroup-except line just to
> confirm it was viable; it only affects the display so experiments are
> harmless.
>
> Some of the hosts are important enough to be on the main page in
> addition to the host type page. For the front page entry, I use
> noconn. Here's a line for a host in both main page and a subpage.
>
>   10.1.yyy.zz merlin      # CITY:crp CITY:crp,9 class:intcrit
> route:crp-rtr snmp http://merlin/ ftp testip
> DEVMON:model(compaq;server) TRENDS:*,disk:disk|disk1
>
> The script I'm using:
>
> BBWEB="/hobbit/city"
> $BBHOME/bin/bbgen --pageset=city --subpagecolumns=3 --pagetitle-links
> --pagetext-headings --maxrows=10 --nopropred=msgs
> --nopropyellow=msgs,flexlm $BBHOME/www/city/
>
> Note that, for this host on the alternate pageset, it's listed twice
> on a single http://<host>/hobbit/city/city/crp/crp.html web page, once
> in an unnamed group (what might be considered the 0'th group) between
> citysubpage and citytitle, and once within the 9th group. Since the
> unnamed group doesn't have a corresponding citygroup line, it can't be
> a group-only or group-except type, but the 9th can.
>
> If you're still having trouble, I suggest posting a short excerpt of
> your bb-hosts file with the pageset directives and 1 or 2 hosts; maybe
> create a third pageset temporarily.

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

- --
| Richter IT-Consulting					  |
| E-mail  : bb4 [at] richter-it.net			  |
| Homepage: http://www.richter-it.net/			  |
Download my public key from:
http://www.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x899093AC