[hobbit] group-only|group-except on alternate pagesets

Richard Finegold goldfndr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 02:43:10 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 05:10, bb4 at richter-it.net <bb4 at richter-it.net> wrote:
> Richard Finegold <goldfndr at gmail.com> hat am 22. Januar 2010 um 02:41
> geschrieben:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 15:11, Torsten Richter <bb4 at richter-it.net> wrote:
>> > is it possible to use the group-only/group-except directive also for
>> > alternate pagesets?
>> > Background: I have a few servers that appear on a subpage twice (once
>> > with all the system tests and the other time with the application tests)
>> > Now I created a view for another department for these machines.
>> > And they want to have the same segmentation as on the operating view.
>> > But on their view the servers appear twice with all tests.
>>
>> Works here, for both group-only and group-except, as of Xymon 4.2.3.
>> Did you attempt it?
>
> Yes I tried with 4.3.0-beta2 but I have the separation only on the normal
> view and on the other view I have the servers twice with all the tests.
> What did you enter in your bb-hosts to accomplish this??

I'm using a pageset named "city" to do a view by site. My normal view
is by host type. (Pages for routers, switches, file servers, SQL
servers, license servers, etc.)
So I have a line of citypage followed by sets of citysubpage/citytitle
and multiple lines of citygroup for each citysubpage. And I changed a
citygroup to a citygroup-only line and a citygroup-except line just to
confirm it was viable; it only affects the display so experiments are
harmless.

Some of the hosts are important enough to be on the main page in
addition to the host type page. For the front page entry, I use
noconn. Here's a line for a host in both main page and a subpage.

  10.1.yyy.zz merlin      # CITY:crp CITY:crp,9 class:intcrit
route:crp-rtr snmp http://merlin/ ftp testip
DEVMON:model(compaq;server) TRENDS:*,disk:disk|disk1

The script I'm using:

BBWEB="/hobbit/city"
$BBHOME/bin/bbgen --pageset=city --subpagecolumns=3 --pagetitle-links
--pagetext-headings --maxrows=10 --nopropred=msgs
--nopropyellow=msgs,flexlm $BBHOME/www/city/

Note that, for this host on the alternate pageset, it's listed twice
on a single http://<host>/hobbit/city/city/crp/crp.html web page, once
in an unnamed group (what might be considered the 0'th group) between
citysubpage and citytitle, and once within the 9th group. Since the
unnamed group doesn't have a corresponding citygroup line, it can't be
a group-only or group-except type, but the 9th can.

If you're still having trouble, I suggest posting a short excerpt of
your bb-hosts file with the pageset directives and 1 or 2 hosts; maybe
create a third pageset temporarily.