[hobbit] Problems with MSG filter

Darrin Khan medavian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:36:56 CET 2010

Hello Thorsten,

I have had similar issues previously with Postgres errors. I found it
easier to have the log lines removed on the client side, saves the
logs from even reaching the xymon server.

This is going by memory as i am not in the office, but it should be
something like the following in the client-local.cfg ..

[sql0.my.net]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore ntpd

Note, that this will strip out any lines with ntpd in it, so you may
miss other issues related to ntpd.

Hope this is a help

Darrin

--
Darrin Khan
medavian at gmail.com

Ted Turner  - "Sports is like a war without the killing." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html