[hobbit] dropped hosts comes back

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 19 08:49:25 CET 2010

Greg Hubbard a écrit :
> Make sure that there aren't copies of the same node somewhere else in the
> bb-hosts file, perhaps with 0.0.0.0 as the IP address.  A "red" test means
> that the Xymon server is really trying to ping something, and the ping is
> failing.  Blank means that the host is not being pinged, so you are probably
> looking at a copy (0.0.0.0   host  # noconn) entry.
>
> Just guesses.  Let us know when you figure it out.

the /etc/hobbit was recreated by the script
/usr/share/hobbit/init-common.sh.

The bb-hosts contains indeed my old tests, so I removed the script above
from the starting script, and everything is fine now.

My mistake was to use sometimes /etc/init.d/hobbit start and sometimes
$HOBBITHOME/hobbit.sh start. The first recreated the /etc/hobbit, but
the second didn't create anything.

thanks for the answers.

I'll be more carefull with startup scripts next time.