[hobbit] dropped hosts comes back

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:43:09 CET 2010

Make sure that there aren't copies of the same node somewhere else in the
bb-hosts file, perhaps with 0.0.0.0 as the IP address.  A "red" test means
that the Xymon server is really trying to ping something, and the ping is
failing.  Blank means that the host is not being pinged, so you are probably
looking at a copy (0.0.0.0   host  # noconn) entry.

Just guesses.  Let us know when you figure it out.

--
Disclaimer:  1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3) my
advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or your