TS - blackberry small web page for ACK

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Wed Feb 3 19:28:12 CET 2010

I have an urgent requirement to be able to create a small web page for
display on the blackberry.

OK SOLUTION (if I can get it to work):

I tried to use bb-ack.cgi but the documentation is not straight forward.

I see that it has "Ack" as a hidden value for ACTION.

FORM METHOD=GET and ACTION="&SCRIPT_NAME"

What does script name get set to on a correct run?

BETTER SOLUTION:

I can create a simple small web page and pass the link to the blackberry
to the person on-call.

But I need to have a command line equivalent to the bb-ack.cgi to ACK
the outage and supply the following variables.

                Same items on the bb-ack.cgi man page:

                                bb-ack.cgi

ACTION=action

NUMBER=acknum

DELAY=validity

MESSAGE=text

                I have not found the correct command.

I can DISABLE/ENABLE the device easily from 'bb' but I need to make an
easy way to acknowledge

the event from a smart phone (blackberry).

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D

Salt Lake City, UT  84116