[xymon] About hobbit.

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 11:54:02 CET 2010

> I want some information about hobbit.

Or Xymon, as it's now called.

> 1)      Can hobbit integrate with ticketing system or any inventory
> system?

If you have someone that knows scripting (e.g. Perl), you can run any scripts that are triggered by alerts. These can be used to generate tickets if your ticketing system has the necessary interface.

> 2)      Can hobbit monitor network devices?
>
> 3)      Can it work on SMNP?

It works with Devmon, which uses SNMP polling (not traps).

P.S. The word "please", is always welcome when asking for information.

--
Wouldn't the sentence "I want to put a hyphen between the words FISH and AND and AND and CHIPS in my FISH-AND-CHIPS sign" have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before "FISH," and between "FISH" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "CHIPS," as well as after "CHIPS?"