Search engine is back

Henrik =?unknown-8bit?Q?St=C3=B8rner?= henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Dec 13 13:27:17 CET 2010

By popular demand, I've setup a search facility for the Xymon mail
archive.

The previous one used ht://Dig, which was not very good at finding
the right stuff, and also very hard on the load of the system. That's
why I removed it when the mailing list was moved from "hobbit" to
"xymon".

The new search facility uses Omega, which is based on the Xapian
engine. It's Open Source, appears to provide reasonable results,
and very light on the system since it can be configured to only
index updates.

So I hope this will make the mail archive more useful.