[xymon] Xymon Integration with Remedy Ticketing system

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:43:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Larry Barber <lebarber at gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked into it, but the Remedy API is so abstract that you have to be a
> Remedy expert to use it. They don't have functions with names like
> "createTicket" all of their functions names are expressed in terms of the
> Remedy data schema. It would take a good deal of study to be able to link
> Xymon with Remedy.

The BMC implementation at my work place has a SOAP server to accept
create/modify/query/cancel.. functions via SOAP client.

I tested the ticket creation via a SOAP client by perl.  The different part
is write a controller that can talk with both BMC and Hobbit alert
server/daemon.

Algorithm need to be implemented
1. query BMC SOAP server if same alert is already opened before open another
BMC ticket.
2. check how many tickets opened in past few seconds to avoid ping or purple
storm.
3. after open a BMC ticket, put a machine into maintenance mode with BMC
ticket number.
4. Pull a machine out of maintenance mode after a BMC ticket is resolved.
5. send the alert to correct helpdesk teams.

tj

--
T.J. Yang