[xymon] Disable alerts if $SOME_SERVICE is down

Take take at nerd.fi
Thu Aug 26 11:16:33 CEST 2010

On 08/19/2010 04:45 PM, Take wrote:

I'm still quite stuck with this. As I previously mentioned I have this
in my bb-hosts:
--------------------------------8<---------------------------
group Others
1.2.3.4    foo.bar # ssh smtps imaps NOCOLUMNS:files,ports,msgs
depends=(conn:xymon/conn)

group Local
127.0.0.1       xymon # conn=worst,5.6.7.8 bbd http://xymon
NOCOLUMNS:files,ports,procs,msgs
--------------------------------8<---------------------------

Where 5.6.7.8 is an gateway for xymon -host. And I have this on
hobbit-alerts.cfg:
--------------------------------8<---------------------------
HOST=xymon SERVICE=conn
        MAIL take at nerd.fi REPEAT=60 RECOVERED

HOST=foo.bar SERVICE=conn
       MAIL take at nerd.fi REPEAT=60 RECOVERED

Now, when internet connection on xymon-host is dropped for some reason I
still get alert for both xymon and foo.bar connection. Obviously in this
case xymon can't be sure about the foo.bar, so it shouldn't send alert
about that.

Have I misunderstood the config option somehow or is there an bug in
xymon regarding this?

--
Take