[xymon] IP address - from where?

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Mon Aug 2 01:44:10 CEST 2010

On Sun, August 1, 2010 18:37, Vernon Everett wrote:
> Hi Henrik
>
> Our DNS servers exist in Wintendo land. so I guess that's remote. I could
> set up a local DNS, but, because of the nature of this contract, and the
> way the support company works, I don't think I should. (We are setting up
> everything, and a remote services mob are going to be administering it
> all. Transition to remote services is supposed to happen in the next 2
> months) It works with --no-ares, so I am not going to pursue it any
> further - unless I can  assist in some way with debugging info. If there
> is benefit to be gained for the dev team, let me know you would like me
> to do.

Vernon,

You're the best judge of what's appropriate vis-a-vis your contract and
support channels, but if there's any cordiality there, you might touch
base with them on setting up a caching-only named on your Xymon server.
You'd be greatly decreasing somewhat gratuitous hits on their servers, and
they might welcome it.  You probably know that it's a very simple setup.

regards,
j.