[hobbit] Custom script shows purple

David Morgan captkras at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:50:55 CEST 2010

Script and config (fixed with the correct BB line)

% cat getent.sh

#!/bin/sh

 COLUMN=ldap-con      # Does the server have an LDAP conection
 COLOR=green          # By default, everything is OK
 MSG="LDAP Connectivity Check"

 TESTVAL=`/usr/bin/getent group admins | wc -l`

 # Do whatever you need to test for something
 # As an example, go red if /tmp/badstuff exists.
 if [ $TESTVAL -eq 0 ]
 then
    COLOR=red
    MSG="${MSG}

    LDAP Configureation and Connectivity is BORKED UP
    "
 else
    MSG="${MSG}

    LDAP Configureation and Connectivity is OK
    "
 fi

 # Tell Hobbit about it
 $BB $BBDISP "status+9h $MACHINE.$COLUMN $COLOR `date`

 ${MSG}
 "

 exit 0

And the following is our clientlocal.sh portion for this script:

# LDAP Check - This command makes sure that this box is connected to
the MGS LDAP Server
[ldap-con]
      ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
      CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/getent.sh
      LOGFILE $HOB$HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/ldap.log
      INTERVAL 4h