[hobbit] blank displays

White, Bruce bewhite at fellowes.com
Mon Apr 19 22:46:17 CEST 2010

Larry,

You might have an issue with a corrupted hobbitd.chk file.   This is
based on the error message "Bad file descriptor".  This file is used by
hobbitd to store events it needs to process for the enable/disable
process.   You can find the file at <install directory>/server/tmp.  You
might take a look at that file and see if it can not be accessed by
other utilities.   This would provide more of an indication that the
trouble is tied to that file.

If you shutdown the hobbit server process, you can remove this file and
when you start it again, hobbitd will create a new file.  Be aware that
this would cause you to lose any pre-scheduled enable/disable actions.
If you need new ones, you would have to re-enter them.  I could be all
wet, but based on the information you provided, that is where I would
start.

    ......Bruce

 Bruce White
 Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer | Phone: 630-671-5169 | Fax: 630-893-1648 | bewhite at fellowes.com | http://www.fellowes.com/