[hobbit] Exchange Cluster Help Needed

doctor at makelofine.org doctor at makelofine.org
Fri Apr 2 15:08:56 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 07:54:44 -0400, <wiskbroom at hotmail.com> wrote:
> All;
>
> I am monitoring a Microsoft Exchange cluster (4 servers), and am only
> expected to see a pair of these running all services, not all four.  I'd
> like to set a condition whereby Exchange goes RED only if the active, or
> other pair, is red as well.
>
> Here are the two processes that go RED on the inactive pair:
>
> "Microsoft Exchange Information Store"
> "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant"
>
> My clients are using a BigBrother agent, and my server is Xymon latest.
>
> Thank you,
>
> .vp

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Hi,

Are you using an external script to monitor those services ? Or just the
ones includes in Xymon (ports, procs, smtp...) ?
In 1st case, I think you should add your conditions in order to get a
correct status.
In the other case, you can use SCRIPT to get a status for several tests
results.
Take a look here :
http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/docs/man5/hobbit-alerts.cfg.5.html

Regards,