[hobbit] DNS Test - No Record Lookup

MFisher at hra.com MFisher at hra.com
Wed Sep 23 23:07:50 CEST 2009

Pinging solaris AND solaris.domain.com correctly respond with the right IP
address....DNS resolution was never really a problem on the xymon box as
most of my configs reference host name....The DNS test however has NEVER
worked and has ALWAYS outputed just the "DNS service is up (ok)" message

But im at a point now where we need to monitor dns records and this brings
me back to square 1

             Josh Luthman
             <josh at imaginenetw
             orksllc.com>                                               To
                                       hobbit at hswn.dk
             09/23/2009 02:05                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [hobbit] DNS Test - No Record
             Please respond to         Lookup
              hobbit at hswn.dk

Oh sorry - Gmail hit the A answer - this is what matters:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
solaris.domain.com. 259200 IN A 192.168.X.X

If you do a ping solaris.domain.com does it resolve to 192.168.x.x?  Were
changes made to this record recently?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle