DNS Test - No Record Lookup

MFisher at hra.com MFisher at hra.com
Tue Sep 22 22:28:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have configured one of my DNS servers to run the dns test native to
xymon. I have the directive "dns" specified in the bb-hosts file and the
test shows up as a column however the test does NOT perform a lookup of the
servers dns A record as it should. All i get is the "Service DNS on
SERVER.DOMAIN.COM is OK  (up) and then a graph immediately below.

I have also tired using the dns=a:server.domain.com with no luck either.

I have posted a screen shot on PhotoBucket -
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx256/mfisher_xymon/dns.jpg

Does anybody have any insight as to why the dns lookups are not being ran?