[hobbit] bb-prtdiag.sh - Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 Server

Craig Cook Craig.Cook at carquest.com
Mon Sep 14 17:33:17 CEST 2009

Did you review the instructions in the top of the script?  Including the tip you may need to run nawk?

I thought these were in the readme.txt but it is missing.  They have been in the script since version 4.11.
I thought hobbitmon/xymon debug instructions were also included.  I'll add them in the next release.

# INSTALLATION - Hobbitmon
#
# Step 1 - Copy this script to $HOBBITCLIENT/ext/bb-prtdiag.sh
#          Ensure your hobbit user owns the script and is executable (chown)
#
# Step 2 - Add the lines mentioned in the bbsys.local section to
#             $HOBBITCLIENT/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
#           Note: You may have to hard code the
#                 PLATFORM_SPEC & PRTDIAG_COMMAND variables, or
#                 do not enter it in hobbitclient.cfg
#                 You may also need to use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or /usr/bin/nawk
#
# Step 3 - Add this:
#
#          [prtdiag]
#                  ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
#                  CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/bb-prtdiag.sh
#                  LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/bb-prtdiag.log
#                  INTERVAL 5
#
#          to $HOBBITCLIENT/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
#
# You do not need to restart hobbit to activate

Craig