[hobbit] bb-prtdiag.sh - Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 Server

Shaun Phillips tainted.soul69 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:37:28 CEST 2009

Ralph,

Yes the bbcmd command was very useful.  Ran that with the new bb-prtdiag
script from : http://xymonton.trantor.org/doku.php/monitors

Now there is a compatability with the bb-prtdiag.sh script and v120 servers.

if you run the script on one as follows.

# /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/prtdiag -v
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Fire V120 (UltraSPARC-IIe
648MHz)
System clock frequency: 100 MHz
Memory size: 1024 Megabytes
========================= CPUs =========================
                    Run   Ecache   CPU    CPU
Brd  CPU   Module   MHz     MB    Impl.   Mask
---  ---  -------  -----  ------  ------  ----
 0     0     0      648     0.5   13       3.3

========================= IO Cards =========================
     Bus#  Freq
Brd  Type  MHz   Slot  Name                              Model
---  ----  ----  ----  --------------------------------
----------------------
 0   PCI-1  33    12   ebus
 0   PCI-1  33     3   pmu-pci10b9,7101
 0   PCI-1  33     3   lomp
 0   PCI-1  33     7   isa
 0   PCI-1  33    12   network-pci108e,1101              SUNW,pci-eri
 0   PCI-1  33    12   usb-pci108e,1103.1
 0   PCI-1  33    13   ide-pci10b9,5229
 0   PCI-1  33     5   network-pci108e,1101              SUNW,pci-eri
 0   PCI-1  33     5   usb-pci108e,1103.1
 0   PCI-2  33     8   scsi-glm                          Symbios,53C896
 0   PCI-2  33     8   scsi-glm                          Symbios,53C896

No failures found in System
===========================
========================= HW Revisions =========================
ASIC Revisions:
---------------
Cheerio: ebus Rev 1
System PROM revisions:
----------------------
  CORE 1.0.12 2002/01/08 13:00
dtcp-sbr001a:root#

You get the above output.  Which is not showing enough I would think.  The
hobbit page shows the output as follows.

 Fri Sep 11 13:34:40 GMT 2009 [image: red]prtdiag reports voltage problems
!!!

prtdiag reports voltage problems !!!
 1               5V status=ok
 2              3V3 status=ok
 3             +12V status=ok
 4             -12V status=ok
 5         CPU core status=ok
 6            +3VSB status=ok  PSUs:
1 OK
Fans:
1 OK speed 98%
2 OK speed 100%
3 OK speed 100%
4 OK speed 100%
Supply voltages:
 1               5V status=ok
 2              3V3 status=ok
 3             +12V status=ok
 4             -12V status=ok
 5         CPU core status=ok
 6            +3VSB status=ok
System status flags (circuit breakers):
 1        SCSI-Term status=ok
 2             USB0 status=ok
 3             USB1 status=ok
 4              SCC status=ok
System Temperature Sensors:
 1        Enclosure 29 degC : warning 67 degC : shutdown 72 degC
System Over-temperature Sensors:
 1             ÿCPU status=ok

As you can see that's not the normal out that one would expect?  Any ideas?
Currently so far the new bb-prtdiag.sh has cleard up the majority of errors
I was facing with some servers.

Regards
Shaun