[hobbit] hobbit-clients configuration not taking

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:34:05 CEST 2009

Then what was this all about?  I guess I read it wrong.

*"However on an bbc 1.9i btf (better then free) client it is pushing PROCs
to the server:

#cat ~bbuser/bbc1.9i-btf/etc/bbwarnsetup.cfg:
PROCS="bbrun"                           # (YELLOW) WARN IF NOT RUNNING
PAGEPROC="cron"                         # (RED) PAGE IF NOT RUNNING
export PROCS PAGEPROC"
*
What you might want to do is track down the "raw data" being sent by these
hosts to see if they contain a PROC secion.  I think you can get to it on
each host through the
http://<xymon-server>/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?CLIENT=<client> link.  On
Solaris you would look for a [ps] header, then a list of processes.  This
will show you that the data is getting pumped over.  (For Linux, etc. there
might be something different).

And, if your config fragment is correct, you would not expect any PROC
checks for one or two, just for three, since you only defined them for three
and there are no PROC checks in the DEFAULT section.