CONN test fails for short times

thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com
Wed Sep 9 15:18:57 CEST 2009

Hi

I often see that the CONN test fails for one minute (which is my polling
interval) on many machines. If I run a normal ping command I also
sometimes see a single lost packet. It seems that this is the normal
behaviour on our location? Would you see that as normal, too? And how can
I configure hobbit(ping) for some fault tolerance. E.g. only report a
failure if mor than 3 subsequent pings fail. I need that on a global
location so adding a badconn tag to all hosts is not what I want.

I use hobbit 4.2.0

Thorsten Erdmann

Wed Sep 9 13:10:05 2009 conn NOT ok

Service conn on m068t5063 is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

System unreachable for 1 poll periods (0 seconds)

 53.42.122.50 is unreachable

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.