bbcombotest doesn't work on 64bit centos 5.3 xymon 4.3.0 beta2 [SOLVED]

andrea lisci suam8 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:38:24 CEST 2009

I solved the problem patching bbcombotest.c

in this part of code

hobbitdresult = sendmessage("hobbitdboard fields=hostname,testname,color", NULL, BBTALK_TIMEOUT, sres);
                if ((hobbitdresult != BB_OK) || (board == NULL)) {
                        board = "";
                        *errptr += sprintf(*errptr, "Could not access hobbitd board, error %d\n", hobbitdresult);
                        return COL_CLEAR;
                }

board is always null

so I patched the code with the following one that eliminate board null check

hobbitdresult = sendmessage("hobbitdboard fields=hostname,testname,color", NULL, BBTALK_TIMEOUT, sres);
                if ((hobbitdresult != BB_OK)) {
                        board = "";
                        *errptr += sprintf(*errptr, "Could not access hobbitd board, error %d\n", hobbitdresult);
                        return COL_CLEAR;
                }
hope it helps

bye